GRACE CHURCH DELL ROAD – DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. Grace Church Dell Road (the “Church”) is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Why do we collect your data?
We collect personal data in order to fulfil our purposes as a church, to provide appropriate pastoral care to Church members and individuals attending our services, to appropriately safeguard children who attend our activities, to administer your financial donations including the processing of Gift Aid and to keep you updated about upcoming events and activities.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
The Church has three main bases on which it will process your personal data as follows:
- to meet the legitimate interests of operating and functioning as a church;
- to comply with our legal obligations such as charities law and other regulatory requirements; and
- to perform certain contracts, for example, in relation to our employees.
Where required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data.
What data do we hold?
We will usually hold some or all of the following data in relation to you:
- name and date of birth
- contact details, including postal address, email and telephone numbers
- personal characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth)
- religious beliefs
- financial information such as your bank account details if you donate to us and your Gift Aid status
- family, lifestyle, social circumstances (if you have shared these with us)
- health information (if you have shared these with us)
- criminal record (if you have undertaken a Disclosure & Barring Service check to volunteer for us)
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. We may also store your data on a cloud-based storage solution, for example, DropBox. We will usually contact you at least annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to access your personal data and require us to rectify any error in the data that we hold, or request that we erase your personal data. In some circumstances, you can also require that we restrict the way we process your personal data, object to its processing or request a copy of your personal data in order to transmit it elsewhere.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access your information please contact us by emailing email@example.com by writing to us at Grace Church Dell Road, 8 Dell Road, Cotteridge, Birmingham B30 2HZ. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.